Thursday, January 12, 2006

King Tut


So let me get this straight -- I finally figure out how to post pictures on this blog, and the first interesting place I go to won't let me take pictures?

Well, at least I can show you the photo of the ticket which clearly says, "No cameras allowed."

My family and I went to the Museum of Art in Fort Lauderdale with the Seniors group. It was very difficult for some of the members -- we bought tickets in advance and had a time to be at the museum. Then we stood in line for an hour -- think Disneyworld lines, twisting and turning. Then the tour took 90 minutes. Some of the members gave up and walked a bit faster and met us at a restaurant in the area.

Difficulty aside, we all loved the day.

These artifacts are centuries old -- for an American where the Alamo is pretty darned old, 3000 years is a bit difficult to comprehend.

The art work of the craftsmen is wonderful. Seeing these things in person you can appreciate the tiny details. The colors of these items remains so vivid!

If you have a chance to go -- do it. It is in South Florida until April 23rd, then it heads to Chicago, Philadelphia, and finally London. For more information, go to http://www.kingtut.org/.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

ah yes...i had that very same trauma a few weeks back when i went to see The Rockettes in the Christmas Spectacular. i paid to get in--the least they can do is let me take a couple photos! sheesh!

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home