Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I Love Vacations!

I was standing behind the pulpit.

It was 11:30 PM on Christmas Eve.

I was close to the end of my sermon, which I had delievered three times that night.

"I could just collapse," I thought to myself.

"I could fall over, and not say anything. People would gather around and say, "John, are you OK?"

If I didn't say anything, someone would come and take me away.

They would put me in a bed in a hospital and feed me. There would be a television set with a remote.

How did I let myself get so tired?

But, I made it through the services and now I'm at home. We are on our way up north to Atlanta later today.

("Up north to Atlanta?" -- I never thought I'd live so far south that Atlanta would be considered north, but after a decade or so, I'm getting used to it.)

We're going to visit family in Atlanta -- maybe I'll drop by the Seminary -- or maybe the new Aquarium. And maybe I'll post something here. And maybe I won't :)

If I don't post anything while we travel, I will definitely be back soon. After I return home there is a conference in my backyard -- No2Torture. I hope to post something about that event.

Well, I'm babbling. Maybe they should have taken me away after all :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Stewart said...

Enjoy your well-earned vacation!

9:16 AM  
Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

happy vacation-ing!

i was in church for the 10pm candlelight service & the pastor said much the same thing about feeling like he'd done this a hundred times already & man he was just plain tired! 3 services between 6 & 10 pm. whew--makes for a long day doing the same thing over & over again i bet!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Enjoy your time off in Atlanta. I just returned from Atlanta and I had a great time. Visit the aquarium and tell me how it is, okay?

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Reverend Ref + said...

Yes -- vacations after Christmas are a good thing. Part of ours was to included a major house cleaning, but that doesn't seem like vacation to me, so we're going to a hotel for a bit this week just to get away.

Peace.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time away, John!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home