Monday, January 23, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

St. Casserole and other bloggers have been responding to the challenge to list your five guilty pleasures. Here are mine:

1. Massage. I love it -- even when I wake myself up snoring while on the massage table. It is a great way to relax.

2. Movie in the middle of the day. This is great, especially when you work in the morning, and have to go back to the church that night. A good break in the day.

3. Not answering my phone. Who says I have to pick it up? That's why I have an answering machine. I don't even bother with caller ID. If it is important, leave a message. Same for the cell phone -- no, make that ESPECIALLY for the cell phone. Phones are invented for the owners benefit -- not the caller's.

4. The beach. It is relaxing and refreshing. I like Hollywood Beach, because the boardwalk is made of concrete, and the restaurants are right there. You don't even have to get sand all over your shoes to enjoy the beach. South Beach also has a nice walkway.

5. Spending the night at Area 51. No, not the UFO place. This is at mile marker 51 along I 75. You can drive off the interstate and drive through the opening in the fence. Drive under the bridge, and you can reconnect with the Interstate and head home. Most people don't know it is there. For a few miles in either direction, there is an old road that runs along the canal. Wonderful place to take a telescope and to enjoy the dark skies with no city lights. I will admit you have to be alert -- gaters and bears, Oh my!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

only in Florida can you say "gators & bears" in the same exclamation--LOL!

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home