Monday, February 13, 2006

Can't sleep

I've been tagged :)

It is 1:07 AM and I'm having a hard time sleeping because I am distressed and pissed at something going on in the church. It's one of those political things that detracts a pastor from the work of being a pastor. I seem to spend half my week in conflict management.

So, this is the way it works. Knock the top name off the list below. Add yours to the bottom.

Haligweorc
Topmost Apple
Lutheranchik
Rebel Without a Pew
The Apostle John


Tag five people for this meme

The next five people who visit here -- it's an honor system folks :) You know who you are -- and if you don't figure it out.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
According to my diary, my new Associate Pastor and I had just gotten back from the Bahamas on a weekend cruise the church gave us as a retreat. Remember, where I live it is not that expensive and there are cruise connections in the congregation.

What were you doing a year ago?
I was spending the day in prayer for my student assistant pastor, who was taking her ordination exams.

5 snacks you enjoy
M&Ms
A hot dog
Cheese
Strawberries
Bread

5 Songs to which you know all the word
The Theme of Gilligan's Island
Row, Row, Row your boat
Take me out to the ball game
(Now is that sad or what?)

5 things I'd do if I were a millionare
Pay off my mortgage
Travel
Take a small membership church - part of me misses those days in my ministry
Buy my wife a new car
Spend some money for our church's missions in Haiti

5 bad habits
Eating M&Ms and all those other snack foods
Staying up too late (it's now 1:17 AM)
Not exercising enough
Saying yes to too many evening meetings
Leaving newspapers on the floor


5 things you enjoy doing
Cooking
Being with my family
Traveling
Blogging
Going to the movies

5 things you would not wear again
leisure suits from the 1970s.
a see through brief that I wore on Valentines' Day 1976. My bod was better back then.
a tie someone brought me from New York -- man that was ugly !
neru shirts
a cheap alb

5 favorite toys
Computer
PDA
Telescope
Camera
IPod

Thanks Rebel Without A Pew, for the tag :)

It's now 1:23 AM and I suppose I can go to sleep now.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

i'd play but i already did this one--and if you think i'm just trying to get out of it, i can give you the direct url lol.

and you don't know all the words to your favorite hymns?? lol!! i have several i know all the words to, one of which has EIGHT verses!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

1. I was in college at Auburn University studying to be a journalism major.

2. Finishing up my last year of seminary at Columbia Theological Seminary in Decatur, GA, and starting the call process.

3. Peanut M&Ms; Popcorn; Homemade fudge;pistacio nuts; keylime pie

4.Jesus Loves Me; Family Ties theme song (been watching it recently on Hallmark channel);The Weight by The Band; Hey Jude by the Beatles; Sanctuary hymn

5. Pay off credit card debts and student loans for my wife and I; Buy a house; Buy my wife a new car; give money to favorite charities/organizations; give money directly to families recovering from Hurricane Katrina/buy tons of supplies and go help them build

6. Not exercising; being too hard on myself; eating junk food; farting (silently) in public; leaving clothes on the floor

7. Reading, watching movies with my wife; playing video games; hanging out with friends; doing youth conference ministry

8. "Jams" shorts; parachute pants; Structure shirts; sandals with white socks; briefs

9. Play Station 2; Dell computer; Xm radio; Voice-activated Rev. Lovejoy and church (The Simpsons); TIVO

That was fun AJ. Thanks.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home