Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Ten Years Later

I imagine walking in my garden on July 13, 2015. I am remembering my father, and the thought comes to mind, "I wish I'd asked my father about..."

Or "I wish I'd told him ..."

But nothing comes to mind.

I know there will come a time when I do think of things I wish I'd said, or that I wish I'd gotten him to tell me.

But for now, I suppose we've said all we really need to say to one another.

This afternoon, I left him and Step Mother. I told him I loved him, and he told me he loved me.

What more can we really say than that?

I'm on my way home to Miami to buy my son a suit, as Dad requested.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have tried to prepare for my parent's deaths, whenever they may be... it's hard but I seem to find myself pretty calm about it. I love your blog. Your writing inspires me.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home